X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preseason Race 02 Brno

Was good fun racing with you guys! Here's my race highlights:

Comment

Well I admit I didnt have too much time to work on the car for Brno but wanted to test make sure all worked well which it seems to have been fine. My issue was that the car felt fine in the few laps I did in practice on server and then after all left I stayed in the Q session for a few more laps but I coudnt get the lap times under 2 min. I went off line and worked some more on the car but the best I was able to do was get it down to 2.01.s in Q trim which just wasnt gonna cut it. I dont mind being 5-6 sec. off the the pole lap times but didnt want to be a moving chacaine. So decided to sit ti out and work on the car for round 1.

After watching the previous video's it looks like I was just really slow thru the turns. Not sure yet if it just to lite on the wings or what?? I had 8 on the rear to keep it from flipping around. Curious to what others were running for wing DF.
      Racing From The Dark Side

Comment

Firstly, Sorry about my Mic I have no idea why it didn't work, I was sure someone replied to me when i said hello after joining and when I gave a few pointers on tyre pressure and downforce(but i guess not ). I'll make sure next time...

What a cracking race!

I had planned for an hour long race but then saw it wouldn't be that long and really didn't know if I should stop or not.
        I'd worked out race time to be about 42 mins and thought I could make them last that long. In the end though I decided its pre-season and its worth testing out a set of fresh tyres. Especially if some others decide not to pit.

Qually was tough I and never really hooked one up properly but it was enough.

The nerves really kicked in when I realised you guys couldn't hear me on the grid, and knew my small "green caller" advantage would be gone and it was very likely i'd be in trouble in T1. That is exactly what happened and Noono had his nose in front by the braking point. After practice I knew i was confident overtaking cars round the outside there and decided to go as fast as I dare or it could be difficult to get past and totally ruin my strategy. Luckily I managed it and started pulling a gap.
        After about 5 or 6 laps I was getting a bit concerned that the gap wasn't as much as i'd like and if they weren't pitting iI could be in trouble...
        By this point I was thinking there's not much chance of winning so I better just go as fast as I can and hope for the best. After my stop I think i was around 15-20 secs behind and slowing pulling it back. Then I don't know what happened but I suddenly seemed to catch both cars (maybe their tyres had gone completely by that point?).
        I got a good run on Fisk pretty quickly and got past without much trouble. Then I caught Noono and it was an absolute nightmare !. He was defending wonderfully and I just didn't have enough downforce to really try anything offline other than in T1. Where as he had enough to be able to go up the inside and hold it just enough to stop me getting a good switchback done anywhere else on the track. After a few laps I managed to get him but it wasn't enough to take my line and stay in front. So I knew I was going to have to try and get the inside at T1...
        It wasn't as easy as it sounds, Noono was there before I could get the run off the last corner. Eventually though I got the perfect run at him out of the last corner and got the inside and it was done. Then i just had to no make any silly mistakes and bring it home.

By far the most fun race i've had in PC2 so far and my stream button worked this week so here's the full race from my perspective

edit : 3/4 Downforce in case anyones wondering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvKKWwjEQ-4
        Last edited by sbart_uk; 01-07-2018, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Great Video, start looked really clean, I was pushing to stay ahead of you and had planned a 1 stop strategy. You caught me and passed me as I was going to pit in. I pitted, took the exact amount of fuel and it didn't change my tires. I went back out, selected slicks and pitted and it didn't change my tires. I practiced pit stops many, many times during my setup practices, and during league practice, not sure what went wrong, I decided to retire, my tires were done

I thought everyone was driving very clean, love the series, and everyone's willingness to help out with the setups. I am not a fan of the March date used, 50 degrees is not an ideal race track temp., not a fan of the accelerated tire wear, my tires were trash very quickly, I think it takes away from good racing. And the formation lap caused my tire temps to go from ideal to barely driveable at the pace it's lapped at.

With all that being said, I know the powers that be, have looked at it from all angles and this is probably the best route. Just wanted to share my thoughts on it.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ Addison View Post
            Well I admit I didnt have too much time to work on the car for Brno but wanted to test make sure all worked well which it seems to have been fine. My issue was that the car felt fine in the few laps I did in practice on server and then after all left I stayed in the Q session for a few more laps but I coudnt get the lap times under 2 min. I went off line and worked some more on the car but the best I was able to do was get it down to 2.01.s in Q trim which just wasnt gonna cut it. I dont mind being 5-6 sec. off the the pole lap times but didnt want to be a moving chacaine. So decided to sit ti out and work on the car for round 1.

After watching the previous video's it looks like I was just really slow thru the turns. Not sure yet if it just to lite on the wings or what?? I had 8 on the rear to keep it from flipping around. Curious to what others were running for wing DF.
            I think most were running quite heavy. lowest was like 3 / 5 while some were running max. Scott's Setup was very well balanced if you want to try it out. We will have a practice tomorrow night as well if you want to work things out for Monza.

Comment

Originally posted by Frost View Post
              Great Video, start looked really clean, I was pushing to stay ahead of you and had planned a 1 stop strategy. You caught me and passed me as I was going to pit in. I pitted, took the exact amount of fuel and it didn't change my tires. I went back out, selected slicks and pitted and it didn't change my tires. I practiced pit stops many, many times during my setup practices, and during league practice, not sure what went wrong, I decided to retire, my tires were done

I thought everyone was driving very clean, love the series, and everyone's willingness to help out with the setups. I am not a fan of the March date used, 50 degrees is not an ideal race track temp., not a fan of the accelerated tire wear, my tires were trash very quickly, I think it takes away from good racing. And the formation lap caused my tire temps to go from ideal to barely driveable at the pace it's lapped at.

With all that being said, I know the powers that be, have looked at it from all angles and this is probably the best route. Just wanted to share my thoughts on it.

We usually do real date but snow didn't seem like a good Idea in this car.
              As far as the pace lap. That's gonna stay at the unbearably slow pace for the sake of everyone arriving on the grid in 1 piece and where they left off.
              You just have to work a little harder to maintain temps. Seems like more often than not when we move to fast on the pace lap somebody always bins it which is worse IMO.

Comment

Just curious, but it's not possible to just manual date each race and progress through the months?

Comment

Originally posted by JJ Addison View Post

I think I had 5 and 8, I tried 7 on the rear but I wasn't able to maintain a consistent pace through turn 1 without the rear stepping out. I can say when I entered practice, my setup had been dialed in April weather setting, and the car was undriveable. Everyone in PRD will share any info and setups, there are not many secrets in this group I've found. And the info is always pretty good. So I've found if I just ask, without fail, someone has spoken up.

Comment

Originally posted by Frost View Post
                    Just curious, but it's not possible to just manual date each race and progress through the months?

Sure, we can do any date in any configuration. If the temp situation is undrivable we will usually change that which we did in this case. What your talking about is simulating 1 month of travel per race?

Comment

The reason we have the date locked is because through the first 10 seasons, we've always done the current date for our race nights. This presented a problem for this season, unless you all would like to make the car a little more interesting, and drive it on frozen ground in snow season haha.

After this season is over, we should be able to get back to what we were doing before, and have the date be current.

I can't say enough about the "Scott" setup. It was incredibly stable in all fronts, I made a few small changes to make it my own and was very happy.

Comment

Both Stocky and Gosu were ready to quit the season before it even began a few hours before the race lol

Comment

Originally posted by static_energy View Post

I think most were running quite heavy. lowest was like 3 / 5 while some were running max. Scott's Setup was very well balanced if you want to try it out. We will have a practice tomorrow night as well if you want to work things out for Monza.

I should be able to get to Monza tomorrow night. Thanks all for the feed back.
                          Racing From The Dark Side

Comment

FYI all Video's from this season will be on the site

Comment

Stu has driving this thing nailed. Just the right amount of oversteer.

Oversteer with confidence. I'm trying to get to that point but its still a tad snappy to risk all that sliding in the race haha

Comment

Working...
                              X