Lotus 78 Monza Classic

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotus 78 Monza Classic

Good race everyone. The starting condition was not Ideal but we will get that worked out for Saturday.
    I had a good time doing the no stop and trying to stay alive for the whole race. Looking forward to your replays

Thanks for all the effort setting up the race. These cars are not my cup of tea as they say. I had a good car until I got to the parabloica. Not once ever in practice ever did I get thru that turn unless I got out and pushed the dam car thru it!

My race plan worked perfect......sit at that back (not that it was a choice anyway) And work thru the carnage. Started 17 ...lap 1 was 11th perfect 2nd time thru the parabloica sure enough into the barrier car just would not turn in. Every other turn on track was fine. Still dont know the issue. Ive really attached my self to PC2 but not these vintage rides.

Also I did not intend to just exit out but it was confusing after I wrecked. I was looking for retire/spectate but it just dumped me out of server?
    Last edited by JJ Addison; 01-11-2018, 08:35 AM.
    Racing From The Dark Side

Comment

Well this race wasn't as comfortable as the pre-season races for me. I started with the plan to just finish and grab some decent points as there's only really 2 corners that matter here.
      This was the first time I struggled with the tyre temps and Qually was really tough to keep it together, but with the help of some slipstream managed to take pole. My first gear was perfect and I was pretty sure no one was going to beat me off the line and was quite confident i'd arrive in Curva Grande first but realistically knew there was no chance of being there on lap 2. I was proved right, Fisk got past pretty easily and I could see he was pretty quick so decided not to try and fight this early and risk us both loosing time. As it turned out I couldn't fight anyway and just had to sit in his slipstream as long as I could waiting for the clouds to clear. I could not believe how bad it was in the dirty air!!!. Anywhere within 2s you could really feel it. When the clouds cleared and my tyres warmed up suddenly the car came to life and I had some grip, caught Fisk and went past. I think he made a mistake in the dirty air or something because I had a pretty big gap pretty quickly. This eventually turned into a 44 second lead. So I started thinking the hard part was over.
      Eventually my mind started wandering and I lost concentration. Before I knew it i was in the wall out of Lesmo 2 with some pretty bad rear suspension damage. The car still felt like I might be able to bring it home before I was caught. I decided it wasn't worth the risk after driving another lap like that. So i'd have to pit and just hope the repairs were quick...they weren't or at least didn't seem like it . I'd lost my advantage and I didn't dare change tyres in case that lost me more time. I came out in second but to my relief static flew past just as i was exiting. I caught up and managed to get past pretty quickly. The last few laps were extremely difficult but I had enough of a gap to know I wasn't in any real danger as long as I didn't make another silly mistake so was extra cautious to get to the end without any further incidents or moments.

Looking forward to doing it all over again on Saturday and hopefully stopping anyone else getting maximum points

Here's my race...
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEtuAAgMNJs&t=3563s

Comment

My only goal was to finish without wrecking, no 1st lap spinning, etc etc. I bogged on the start, but everyone seemed to keep their cool and I held my place. I wanted over left for the 1st right hand kink, but there wasn't a spot. I was stuck on the inside and tried to make the turn, even letting off, and when I did, the car spun right, I tried to correct and it snapped left across the track.

I'm really sorry for anyone that got caught up in that, I desperately wanted on the left side of the track, but there just wasn't any room.

So...I pitted, repaired the damage and went back to racing, and my car was actually really good, I had in testing gone to an asymmetrical setup. Much like you would see on an oval, because there is only 1 left hand turn, if you want to call it that. I was just ticking off laps, and was surprised to see so many slow cars making their way into the pits after tapping the walls.

I ticked off laps until my fuel was low and pitted for my scheduled 1 stopper, Blahhhh, I had changed my pit strategy when I wrecked to make sure no fuel would be added and forgot to change it back. LOL! I got new tires, but no fuel. So .....I luckily saw this, reset my fuel strategy, pitted and got the fuel I needed. And then it was just staying off the walls to finish 8th.

My goal was to 1st finish the race, and then finish in the top 10 to start the season off and get some points on the board. Mission accomplished!!! Once again, I am sorry to anyone that got caught up in my spin. For saturdays race, I will be testing my setup from the right hand side of the track entering the 1st right hand kink after the front straight.

Comment

I had a nice quali session getting a tow while still on fresh tires. Put in a time that was on par with my best testing lap times and had better sectors later on warmer tires but just couldn't improve my overall lap time. 9 seemed like a good place to start with my goal of getting a top 10 finish.

Stu was very soft on the grid and just as I tried to adjust my channel to hear him better I realized he said "GREEN!". Took a second or two to get off the grid and was happy that everybody behind got past without any incident. Was hoping to just settle in and let the race come to me after the bad start but T1 chaos put me back even further. Tried to avoid the disaster but the inevitable happened as one of the cars came across the track from left to right and I just couldn't avoid the obvious. Was stationary in the pits for about a minute and a half, seeing the front runners already putting me a lap down and a few others leaving the pits ahead of me even though they entered after me.
          At this point it changed to surviving and not making any further mistakes. The no pit stop strategy worked out ok as my tires really only started to fall off significantly over the last 5 laps or so. One lap down from the leaders didn't feel so bad in the end as I came out in that position so I maintained my relative position quite well. Finishing in 7th after all that happened was good enough for the day and not a bad start to the season.

Will post my race later when I've been able to get it onto the interwebs.

Comment

I had an amazing first lap then crashed hard on lap 2... I forget who was right behind me to see it, possibly gosu. I'll put it this way, good thing we use push to talk

Comment

What a fantastic race! I had plenty of action throughout the whole race which was fun, probably could've/should've been a P2 after jumping static_energy, scottmik and two one-stoppers but a silly mistake looping it in parabolica, a small off-track at the first lesmos and then tapping the wall at the second one bumped me down a few spots. Up until then I was having a flawless race and a heap of fun battling. Looking forward to the next one!

Here's my race highlights. I really like the way this video turned out, lots of action to capture and some cool moments, hope you enjoy.

P.S. I captured Frost's big incicent in the background of one of my shots and also had front row seats to your crash Satchel_Charge (it was quite spectacular if that's any consolation ).

Last edited by SillySausage; 01-11-2018, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel_Charge View Post
                I had an amazing first lap then crashed hard on lap 2... I forget who was right behind me to see it, possibly gosu. I'll put it this way, good thing we use push to talk
                It was me and I'm sorry but that was hilarious. It looked like you intentionally turned into the wall and suicided your car. I know exactly what happened but your car exploded on impact.

Comment

Originally posted by SillySausage View Post
                  What a fantastic race! I had plenty of action throughout the whole race which was fun, probably could've/should've been a P2 after jumping static_energy, scottmik and two one-stoppers but a silly mistake looping it in parabolica, a small off-track at the first lesmos and then tapping the wall at the second one bumped me down a few spots. Up until then I was having a flawless race and a heap of fun battling. Looking forward to the next one!

Here's my race highlights. I really like the way this video turned out, lots of action to capture and some cool moments, hope you enjoy.

P.S. I captured Frost's big incicent in the background of one of my shots and also had front row seats to your crash Satchel_Charge (it was quite spectacular if that's any consolidation ).
                  BTW for those who were on and around when I was discussing the advantages of my tire pressures, look at Silly's video from 1:50-2:10.

Took 3 drafting cars on the inside with no draft lol.
                  Last edited by GosuNoob; 01-11-2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Oh right I was happy for 2 laps not 1. Anyway LOL not my night I guess.

Comment

We had 17 drivers qualify and 17 drivers start the race. We ended with 15 drivers.

Does anyone have a full list of all 17 drivers, or know who left our session?

​Until we have Sim Results back, the screen shots don't have all the info. I'll take screenshots of both pages of Qualify until then.

Comment

Originally posted by SillySausage View Post

P.S. I captured Frost's big incicent in the background of one of my shots and also had front row seats to your crash Satchel_Charge (it was quite spectacular if that's any consolation ).

Wow, I didn't realize it was that spectacular, viewing that, it looks like I wasn't the only one having issues at that point. I certainly don't think I helped the situation though. LOL! Nice video, I see your using the Occulus, were you having problems? I keep getting this lag/juttering, sometimes pulling the headset off and viewing with my monitor and putting it back on will reset it.

Comment

Originally posted by Frost View Post

Nice video, I see your using the Occulus, were you having problems? I keep getting this lag/juttering, sometimes pulling the headset off and viewing with my monitor and putting it back on will reset it.
                          I was having that issue a few months ago but from my knowledge they patched it a couple of months ago. Make sure your game and Oculus software is updated maybe? Try lauching both version of the pCARS 2 app (pCARS2 & pCARSAVX) also and give it a try to see if maybe you were running the wrong version, I can't remember which is the right version for what. This isn't really my area of expertise though sorry.

Comment

Working...
                          X