Donations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donations

As you may have noticed I added a donations tab to the main site.
    I'm more than happy to take care of the expenses that are currently pretty low at 20 a month but it doesn't hurt to put it up

Obviously, you are not required to donate but if you feel inclined to give a few dollars to support PRD any amount is much appreciated.

Some big changes are going to be coming to the main site so stay tuned for that.

I am also going to add an ssl certificate for our domain which will run 40 a year.

Thanks Gosu for your donation

Comment

I was going to send some cash but my Paypal is blocked. Reckon you could add a skrill account too?

(Als make the d a capital D lol)

Comment

Originally posted by OBigO View Post

(Als make the d a capital D lol)
        Site is being replaced, so no

What's Skrill?

Comment

E-wallet

Comment

For the website/community... yeah I'll send a few bucks.

I'm still not buying unnecessary DLC's, or Tanoa, or RF2 until its on sale lol.

Comment

should be donation perks, thats how twitch streamers manipulate there audience into giving more money
              "The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose."

Comment

Put a gold star on your race livery, Foxi

I don't have a serious suggestion about donation perks, but that could be a good incentive... Featured driver on the home page of the website for one month? Show your car livery and stuff right in the forefront?
                sigpic
                @wrxbuddy'blr
                Black Thumb Clothing

Comment

Thanks for the donation Nooono

Comment

Thanks for the donation Josh

Comment

Not sure if you've ever really looked into this or not, but I had noticed in your first post that you were looking to add an SSL cert. Since this isn't a business or anything formal of that sort, you can get a free SSL through LetsEncrypt. Not sure what your server setup is, but I personally host through Digital Ocean (fantastic service), and I've setup my server so that it automatically renews the cert when needed (free/temp SSLs are usually only good for either 60 to 90 days).

Adding links on this forum is shoddy at best, so www.digitalocean.com and www.letsencrypt.org

Comment

Ya, I looked into it a bit. Right now we are covered for the next year. it shows as broken every now and then cause of image pulls. I've been meaning to work on that. We are covered by a comodo SSL which is offered through our server.

Comment

Sounds to me like your site isn't handling cookies properly, not necessarily that the SSL isn't working. As you already mentioned, the images are what's causing the SSL checks to fail, because you're pulling unsecured images from Photobucket, forcing any other secured cookies to be passed over unsecured HTTP (so, in the case of this specific page, your signature image is at fault).

Since having all your registered users manually edit their Photobucket links (including all signatures, avatars, and gallery photos) would be unreasonable, my thought would be to change how your site handles cookies, which would be to force the "httpOnly;" and "secure;" attributes to them. At the very least, it should help prevent any weird scripting hacks, because users will only be able to see the headers for wherever the non-secured items came from.

Speaking of which, it also looks like a good portion of the main website (so, not the forums) is being hosted through a domain "prd.nigelteags.com", which is also an unsecured domain. This one should be easier to fix, as I think you can explicitly add that domain to your SSL cert (or add it as a subdomain? I would have to look into that more, especially not knowing how your server(s) are setup), or move all the website's assets off that domain and only have them served through the pantheracingdivision.com URL.

Comment

Thanks for the donation Dmack

Comment

Thanks Frost for the donation

Comment

Working...
                              X